Monday, November 24, 2014

Journal #7 PLN Reflection

The PLN that I chose to join is within the website of LinkedIn, the affinity group I joined is called Books and Writers.  It's dedicated to providing helpful resources for those just entering the world of publishing early works.  There are some established professionals also involved in the group and they help with creating a collaborative space for helping others with becoming new published professionals themselves.  I think that this group has been beneficial because I have been looking for online work spaces that are geared to helping those trying to begin a career in publishing.  I was slightly unguided when I began the EMM program and it the process of taking a few courses I have come to the conclusion that I want to assist in the business of education by providing new and modern learning techniques and resources.  I would like to be a part of the population that creates new learning resources and materials.  The exposure I've had to PLNs has made research readily available with instantaneous results. For example, Books and Writers has helped me get closer in achieving the goal of learning how to become a successful published author (in all fields) because there other individuals out there seeking the same professional advice.  I've seen many others posting about works they've already created and are now in search for the right avenues to pursue.  And if nothing else, the Books and Writers group serves as a great free advertising for many people.  

I feel that with the advantage from the particular courses I've been taking in the EMM program and the additional "real life" expertise from those in my PLN, I can develop the kinds of new learning materials I aspire to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment