Monday, November 17, 2014

Journal #6 Self-Reflection

This class has opened up my eyes to the unknown intricacies of the Internet.  I knew the basics of how to navigate through the web and different websites and pages, but I lacked an understanding of how to develop any of what it takes to create a functional webpage.  I appreciate this class because now I can say that I know to work the beginnings of fundamental website creation.  So far the hardest lesson has been the most recent lesson plans we've been working through.  For instance I understand how apply the basics of setting up a work-up document, but the difficulty comes in when trying to figure out which rules to apply to CSS styling.  There are so many attributes for particular functions, that it can be slightly overwhelming when trying to figure out which to use properly.

Though I'd have to say the chapter explaining how to create table charts was the most productive lesson for me so far.  I plan to incorporate this particular feature in my final webpage design.  Considering that I want to showcase a multitude of information and how it cross references each other at one time, it makes sense to utilize a tabled chart to portray all that info.  I hope that I begin to get even more comfortable with the CSS so that my chart will exemplify exactly what I want to showcase on my webpage.

For someone who has not had any prior experience with working fundamental web development, I can honestly say that I am improving every week that we go through.  And I'm looking forward to what I can complete in the near future.

Book Exercises html link:
http://www.csupomona.edu/~naeverett/512/books/work_table.html

No comments:

Post a Comment