Sunday, October 12, 2014

Journal #2- Affinity Group


Journal #2
Joining an Online Affinity Group

I have found the group “Books and Writers” on LinkedIn as my Affinity group.  It is a group that is dedicated to established and amateur professionals interested in the literary industry, specifically publishing.  Considering that I am in the process of narrowing down the career path I wish to follow, I figured this group would provide me with personal accounts from people already experiencing how this industry works.

Q1: What do you plan to take away from this group and what will you do with the information gained?
A1: I plan to find out more about the publishing business.  I have always had an interest in writing, and now that I’m in the EMM program I have discovered that I would like to produce written learning materials.  Being that this program focuses on multimedia elements I understand that I will gain the tools to manipulate technology to my advantage when time to create new learning materials for the future.  I hope that this group will shed some light on what the process is like for getting involved in this industry and hopefully I can combine what I’m learning from the EMM subject matter with real life accounts on how to become successfully published.
Q2: Do you think you will be able to gain any professional insight from the RSS Digg blogs?
A2: The RSS Digg blogs are nearly dependent on your personal preferences and how you acquire the information shared.  If I start to follow blogs that are providing information or any resources that would assist developing my professional path, then I'm bound to gain and an advantage with what's provided. 

1 comment:

  1. I think you second question is good, whether the information that we get from Digg stream is useful depend on our professional preference.

    ReplyDelete